With a nutrition degree, you will have the training to prepare healthy meals for your family and help other individuals. You may want to make a career out of instructing and advising others on how to eat for health and wellness. Knowing about nutrition can enrich and extend lives and also earn a very nice living for you.
If you have a degree in nutrition, where would you be able to find employment? Listed below are some examples.
- Health Clinics.
- Doctors’ Offices.
- Homes of Personal Clients.
- Nursing and Assisted Living Facilities.
- Health Spas.
- Natural Health Food Stores.
A health nutritionist has considerable knowledge of food and how it nourishes the body. If you obtain a nutrition degree, you will have a positive influence on many individuals regarding food and the benefits derived from it. You will learn about the components of different types of food, what comprises the major food groups, and how food interacts with your body. People are becoming increasingly conscious of their diets, and a degree in nutrition will take you far now that healthy living is more prevalent in today’s society.
Here is a quick review of some of the degrees that are available regarding nutrition.
- Associate Degree in Nutrition: This degree takes two years to complete. Students will learn about metabolism, the chemistry of food and how to manage weight. The curriculum will include some of the following courses:
- Food Science.
- Culinary Studies
- Nutrition Therapy.
- Sports Nutrition.
If you desire a job as a nutritionist, your next step after obtaining an Associate Degree would be to acquire a Bachelor Degree.
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition: With a Bachelor Degree, you will learn about the correlation between nutrition and health. You will receive instruction on how to help prevent disease with proper nutrition, and you may even have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. The curriculum will include some of the following courses:
- Nutrition Biochemistry.
- Nutrition Science.
- The Science of Food.
- Nutrition Research.
- Food Service Management.
Depending on the school that you attend, there may be other courses that you are required to take, such as math, economics and physics.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition: You will be instructed on the health benefits of food, diet assessment, and how to choose food that may help to prevent illness. You will also learn about planning healthy menus and how to guide individuals in their food choices in order to benefit health and wellness. The nutritional value of food will be evaluated as well. The curriculum will consist of some of the following courses:
- Nutritional Status.
- Vitamins and Minerals.
It will take two years to complete a Master’s program. With this degree, you can find employment as a registered dietitian.